Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mardi Gras!

Gabby decided to start the festivities with a "pre party" the night before...
I guess the "cool" place to party for a three year old is in an Ottoman!
This year we celebrated Mardi Gras with family!  It was so much fun!  Our cousins, Doreen and Heidi, were in town for the weekend as well as my Aunt Di.  Mom and I thought that a cute little place in our town, Zydeco's, would be perfect to party down for Mardi Gras!  I should have known the place was going to be a riot when I called to get a reservation!  It went a little something like this. 

Me:  Hi, I would like to place a reservation for Saturday night.
Owner:  What time?
Me:  Ummm, 6:30pm.
Owner:  Instant laughing without stopping...followed with "ok, how about 8:30pm
Me:  Great.
Owner:  Don't forget to come in costume, think Halloween! 
Me:  What if we don't think Halloween?
Owner:  Then masks and beads will do. 

So off we went, after church and appetizers at Mom's, to the restaurant.  Dressing in Halloween costumes was a HUGE understatement by the way! OMG!  King's, Jokers, men dressed up as women, women dressed up as men(not even kidding), an awesome band!  It was a blast!  I brought a King Cake from my friend, Emily, that owns "Sweets by Emily".  Delish!  To make a long story short.  Emily ended up being contacted by the owner of the restaurant about her fabulous King Cake.  She made two cakes and delivered them yesterday for Fat Tuesday.  I tell ya....we grazed on that cake for two days straight!  Yes, that good!

We had a great time!  I was the designated driver which was SO FUN because I love the opportunity to watch my Mom, Aunt Di and Doreen get "tipsy" anytime I can!  Hilarious!  Well, why don't we just let the pictures do the talking!
Mom, Doreen and Aunt Di
My Aunt Di!  Love You!!
Mom and "The King"
Mom with The King and ?(I have no clue what the other man was supposed to be(the devil)?)
Aunt Di
I dared her to tie a cherry string with her tongue
SHE DID IT! 
Our Delicious King Cake by Sweets by Emily
Check her out on Facebook!  Awesome! 
Mom Being Goofy! 
Well Lord...this guy cracked me up all night.
Some of these people were just down right freaky!  Creative...but freaky!   
Poor Aunt Di!  She was having a blast however! 
My Momma and I
The pictures definitely do not do justice.  What a wild time!  I have decided.  I think I want to hang out with my family ever year from now on...on Mardi Gras!  It was hilarious and a night I won't forget!  Cheers! 

xoxo, Katie
p.s. Each King Cake has a "tiny baby" somewhere inside of the cake. Well, one of Jeff's pieces had the "baby" in it!  As a result, he is now the proud owner of "Good Luck" for one year!  And rumor has it that he has to host the "Mardi Gras" party next year because he got the "baby".  Oh...and the Good Luck!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

FUN! FUN!! FUN!!!

Staci said...

that "devil" is sammy terry! i only know, because i made a cape for someone a few years ago for halloween. i guess he's native to indiana:)