Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Boots, etc

Yesterday was such a sad day.   My great aunt was buried.  She passed away on Friday January 7th and her funeral was yesterday which was, 1-11-11.  Aunt Julia was a wonderful lady!  She and Uncle Bob met at my grandma and grandpa's wedding in the 40's.  This was spoken of yesterday at the funeral as well as other things about the family.  This made me very proud to be a Keating family member!  Aunt Julia was one of my grandmother's four sisters.  I think yesterday was so hard for me because Aunt Julia was one of the four that I actually got to know and love so much.  My grandmother passed away when I was in elementary school to Parkinson's disease.  Her memory deteriorated when I was very young and the last few years of her life were spent in a nursing home unresponsive to a lot of things.  I loved her, don't get me wrong, however, we just did not have the type of relationship that I had with her sisters.  I miss that.  I have heard from many family members that my grandma Mary Jane was one of a kind.  I will see that one day when I get to heaven I am sure! 

My cousin came to visit us this week from Southern Indiana.  Shelly watched Gabby yesterday while I attended the funeral with my mom and dad.  She played in the snow with Gabby.  They had a great time!  Gabby did not want Shelly to leave.  She and my mom are going to gymnastics with us tonight so Gabby will be very excited to see them again!  While I was gone, the neighbors snow blowed the 5+ inches of snow we got on Monday night so I was VERY THANKFUL to pull into the driveway and notice this.  That's why I got to take a nap after all.  Otherwise, I would have been probably still shoveling snow as I speak :) 

My little Sadie, that I have spoke about on this blog a few times, came to visit last night and brought her Girl Scout cookie order form with her.  Three boxes of cookies and 11.00 later she asked me, "are you having another baby"?  Me:  "NO".  Sadie:  "Oh, because you look like it".  Aaaahhh...please excuse me while I go and get my largest sweater in my closet and wear it for the rest my life!!  Then my dad comes over and I tell him what Sadie said to which he replies, "oh, well that sweater you had on at the funeral today was a little tight"!  Daddy!!!!!  Ugh....I have even lost 4 more pounds!  Oh well....I am convinced that all women that have had children never look the same before they became a mother!  I don't care if you have had plastic surgery, liposuction or whatever.  Everything is not exactly the same and never will be!  That's what motherhood does to you.  I am proud of my body that was able to birth two beautiful children and am gonna flaunt it!  Even if I do look like I have a doughnut around my waist! 

Oh yes...back to the title of this post.   I am SUPER pumped about my new boots!  Target.com special=12.95.  Supposed to be saving them for St. Patrick's Day but can't wait to wear them.  So I wore them to library today and LOVE THEM!  They arrived yesterday and were on the front porch when I got home.  This made the evening more enjoyable and spending time with dad did too....even though he says my sweater was tight.  Love you Daddy! 

xoxo,Katie

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh my gosh I am crying laughing at the Sadie comment. Oh Katie, out of the mouth of babes. Like I said, I think you look great! Love your new boots - so stylin! Enjoy the snow .. and the girl scout cookies!