Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Gabby's Special Day

At preschool once a month, Gabby gets to take a favorite toy and snack to share.  It is called her "Special Day" and she looks very forward to this every time.  Actually, she looks forward to preschool every day she goes!  One of the first things she does in the morning when we arrive is look on the classroom door to see who's special day it is.  Funny thing because when I was little(3 actually just like her), we had something called the "snack bucket".  I looked SO forward to the times I got to bring the bucket home, fill it up with snacks and take it back to school the next day to share.  Still remember those days like it was yesterday! 

Gabby decided she was going to take her Tinkerbell bubble bath??  She went straight to the bathroom cabinet and pulled it out?  I was surprised to think she wanted to take this and more that she knew where I had put it.  We don't use bubble bath very often...oh well...she is so nosy and does not miss a thing so that answers that! 

Next, we decided(well I had this cool idea) to make snowmen out of marshmallows. 
Gabby got really into putting the pretzels in the marshmallows.


Jeff and I were thinking they could sort of look like this...
Jeff suggested the chocolate buttons...how cute honey!

Gabby thought otherwise.....I LOVE IT! 


She is really creative I think. 

I pretty sure that if someone that had no clue what we were doing would be able to guess what these were.  It was harder than it looked.  However, we had so much fun, as a family, making these and that is all that matters. 

We ended up with just a few leftover after school today.  So I assume they went over well considering I sent extras...yippee!!!

Thanks for checking in on us...since I have been a bit of a slacker at blogging lately.  Hoping everyone is having a great holiday season!

~xoxo, Katie

No comments: