Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Valentine's Night IN...With My Sweetie!

For the first time EVER...Jeff and I stayed home on Valentine's Day!  Well...not the actual Valentine's Day because that would be tomorrow, but we celebrated last night. 

My mom offered to keep Gabby overnight(thanks Mom!) and was shocked to hear that we were staying home.  She said, "Jeff told me you guys aren't going to do anything tonight...is that true?"  "Yes Mom!"  Ha!  We ordered pizza, watched a movie and spent time with just each other.  I have to admit it was really nice.  It seems that when grandparents or family offer to keep Gabby overnight we scurry around town to do all the things we can't get done fast enough while she is away.  This time I was perfectly fine with my list of things to do being put on the back burner so that Jeff and I could celebrate each other...I know mushy mushy right.  Oh well...it seems that as I get older I realize the importance of love.  I was just fine with not fighting the crowds or spending 100+ dollars on dinner and running errands.  I was much more happy with my pizza, movie and hubby next to me on the couch.  At one point Jeff looked at me and said, "it's so quiet here".  We both smiled, secretly liked it for a second and continued on with our evening.  We slept in this morning, went out to lunch and picked up our little munchkin.  We were as happy to see her as she was us! 

Happy Valentine's Day Jeff!  I love you with all of my heart.  Thank you for being the best husband to me.  Thank you taking care of me and giving me a life of happiness!  I am so incredibly lucky to have YOU as my Valentine!

xoxo, Katie

1 comment:

The Stone's said...

This is so sweet Katie! Put's a smile on my face. It is so funny how doing something so simple can give you so much enjoyment.