Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bounce Spot!

Yesterday, Gabby and I went with some friends from preschool to 'Bounce Spot'.  It is a large open area with bounce houses for big kids, little kids and even babies!  Really cool!  They also have an arcade that I will share a funny story about in a bit. 

Gabby had a blast!  When we walked in she said, "this is the best day ever"!  She is a goofball sometimes!  She was quick to go right to the obstacle course inflatable.  However, realized fast how many "big" boys were in there and jumped out!  She went back later after they had left.  She spent most of her time at the slides
and of course the "Arcade". 

While I was sitting at the table watching her(ahem...I mean trying to find her in all 15 zillion bodies that were running around), I kept noticing how she kept bringing me these tickets.  I realized that they were from the arcade games. She would run off after dropping them off as if she had won a game or something?  After a few times of this...I stopped and wondered how in the world is she getting tickets with no tokens or money to buy tokens for that matter?  So, I put my investigating skills(hee hee)to use and went shopping for answers.  I went into the arcade and noticed a mom sitting near the "skee ball"?  game.  Whatever it is called it is that game where you roll the balls up the lane and they pop into a hole.  You get more tickets for the higher it goes(hope you get the picture).  I played it a 'Showbiz Pizza' back in da day!  Anyways, I asked this woman nicely if she had been giving Gabby tickets or if her children had for that matter?  She said to me, "no...but I know how she is getting them".  I looked at her funny...I'm sure.  She went on to tell me that other kids(not this woman's)had left their games before they were finished.  Gabby was watching them play, noticed them leave and proceeded to take the balls that were left.  Now get this...she then climbed up on the lane and walked the ball to the end and was throwing them into the top hole(which is worth the most....like 1000 points)!  She then collected the tickets that would come out.  Geez...Gabby! 

I honestly did not know what to say!  You won't believe this...but I went back and sat down!  I was stunned that Gabby could comprehend at three years old how to do this?  I am not sure I would have known how to put two and two together like this when I was her age?  Anyhoo, the mom thought it was funny, I sarcastically laughed and no employees apparently had a problem with it because when we got ready to leave I went to get Gabby and there she was in the same spot, practicing the same motions in order to get more tickets.  The sad part is that I let her turn them in for a prize.  26 tickets = 26 individually wrapped 'Jelly Belly's'=FUN!  She shared with her friend Madison thank goodness! 


Just to clarify...I am in no way condoning what Gabby did. I honestly was speechless and did not know what to say.  She was not hurting anything and there were no others waiting in line for a lane(which sounds like I am condoning it after all)so I thought "why not".  However, I failed to think about the "next time" we go into a place with this game and how I am sure she will try to do it again?!  I just think I will have to worry about that day when it comes I guess. 

Until then....did I mention how much she liked the "bounce slides"???
xoxo,
Katie

No comments: