Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Old Settlers...A Small Town Tradition

The Old Settler's Parade is a yearly tradition in our small town.  It is the start to the town carnival and something that we look forward to every year.  I can remember going to this parade every summer as a kid and then walking around the carnival, riding the ferris wheel and seeing other friends from school that I had not seen all summer.  I can remember riding in this parade as a cheerleader in high school and loving it!  I now love taking my child to this parade with friends from high school  and their children every year!



Gabby is the perfect "parade" age right now. I think she and her friends were targets for candy that was being thrown. Oh...and also because they were doing the "parade wave" and looking so unbelievable cute so
how could the people resist right?!


 

We are still eating leftover candy from Sunday which compares a lot to Halloween=Not Good For Mammas Diet. I have munched on that stuff every night this week!  We had a great time!

No comments: