Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Indianapolis Zoo!

Gabby and I FINALLY took Aunt Jeanine and Cousin Kyle to the Indy Zoo last week.  I had been telling them over and over again that we needed to do this and at last I finally broke down and made it happen and...we had a GREAT time! 
It had been a long time since Aunt Jeanine and Kyle had been to the zoo and I think they were impressed.  We saw everything.  And when I say everything I mean...EVERYTHING.  We were pooped after 4 hours but it was so much fun to spend time with my aunt and cousin.  I was super sad that the rest of the Ritter Fam couldn't make it because of being back at IU, in Chicago and well I guess people had to have their teeth cleaned so the Dr was MIA also.  However, I am determined to take them all to "Zoo Boo" or "Christmas at the Zoo" this year if they will let us?!?  Gabby loves all of her cousins, but I do admit, that she and Kyle have a 'different' kind of bond.  They adore each other!  He tagged along and even though he felt kind of goofy doing so...
I am so glad he did!  

We saw the new Cheetah exhibit which was so neat!  Those animals are off the charts amazing and it was interesting to hear the zookeeper talk all about their traits and habits, length of lifespan, etc.  Did you know that those animals run fast?  Uh yea, like really fast!!  Of course, my child, Gabby' was more interested in picking furry weeds and tickling Kyle with them...lord!  

We went to the petting zoo.  We were let loose with the goats. 
They were tame...thank goodness. 

We saw the bear and watched him be super lazy. I swear he looked Gabby right in the eyes though and that kind of freaked me out for some reason...who knows?
Gabby got to ride the Carousel at the Zoo for the first time...compliments of Aunt Jeanine. 
She loved it!  Of course, she picked Kyle to ride with her!  Hee hee!

Gabby showed Aunt Jeanine and Kyle "The Oceans".  She was very proud to teach them how to pet the sharks and the penguins! 
Gabby loves the penguins and could watch them for hours...literally!  We had to prompt her over and over again to move along.  

Gabby played in the sprinkler park for a while since she HAS to do this each time we go to the Zoo.  I think the sprinkler park is great, but I hate to say that I think it takes away from the tradition of the zoo(i.e., animals, water, wildlife, etc), but it is there and that means she has to explore I guess?  

We visited the butterfly gardens on our way out and saw some neat butterflies and the process of how a butterfly is made.  All in all...a great day!  Now, Kyle is traveling back to Xavier, Aunt Jeanine is back to teaching and Gabby and I are left missing the family like crazy.  Hurry back and hang out with us y'all!  We love you so much! 

Thank you for spending the day with us Aunt Jeanine and Kyle!  We had a blast!
Gabby was asleep before we got to I-70.  She was eating potato chips in the van and all of a sudden I heard them drop and looked back..She Was OUT!  LOL!        Love you guys! 

No comments: